Why are we doing it?
This use case seeks to explore solutions to a number of challenges:
- Explore how the digital twin can facilitate and enable a flexible manufacturing capability;
- Improve situational awareness with a better response to changing situations by analysing and understanding influences, impacts and how to plan for these;
- Create and prove a reference architecture for the digital twin and 5G;
- ‘What-if analysis’ and scenario mapping: being able to simulate real case situations and explore the effects of events and the options to address these;
Use historical and real-time data to predict behaviours and most appropriate models;
- Capitalise and add value to other industrial applications through the use of data captured, supplementing and enhancing their capabilities and results;
- Expand the use of AI and advanced analytics by including the digital twin for other use cases;
- Test future scenarios by modeling on changing needs, scaling up or down or planning for crisis;
- Remote troubleshooting with ability to analyse problems and causes remotely;
- Factory optimisation by using digital twins to accelerate and reduce the costs of factory changes such as flexibility, flow, space and layout.